3.26.2007


March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!

I have decided to take a GnRH analogue, months after being diagnosed with endometriosis. Never mind the cost. Googling Luprolex helped - with accepting the sacrifices that I should make as well as with knowing that there are indeed others, Filipinas too, out there and that I'm not alone. I'm supposed to take it for 6 months, but my ob-gyn said we'd know for sure if it was helping in three months' time.

In all my research, I've always thought that the symptom I haven't had much luck identifying with is heavy bleeding. It just struck me now, when I noticed a Google Ad from one of the related sites, that there was one such episode. The incident happened at work, with my boss giving me the notice of all people. Very embarrassing, no wonder I put out the thought from my conscious mind.

It's probably too early to tell if I'm going to suffer side effects (read: menopause symptoms) from the drug. So far, so good.

No comments:

Err. How do you reorient this thing? Our hosts a few weekends ago had this huge mansion of a house set beside a cliff overlooking a gorg...